Friday, April 18, 2014

The Link Between Yoga and the Feldenkrais Method®

The past few years I have been learning various movement approaches through the Feldenkrais Method® and Spacial Dynamics®. These two aspects of healing through movement have greatly impacted my work as a physical therapist assistant. As I continue to teach others about utilizing these concepts, I am consistently learning to master how they can be incorporated in my daily life. With that, I am also starting to incorporate aspects of  Kundalini Yoga into sessions with clients. Undoubtedly Kundalini Yoga, the Feldenkrais Method®, and Spacial Dynamics® have a common thread in supporting the balancing and reorganization of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. I found an intriguing article through the newsletter, "Sense Ability", which explains the link between yoga and the Feldenkrais Method® in a way that is engaging to one of any type of yoga practice.
You can read it here:



No comments:

Post a Comment